This website is run by Development Bank of Wales. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours; contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple and clear as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website's accessibility
We know some parts of this website aren't fully accessible:
- the text won't reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you can't modify the line height or spacing of text
- live video streams don't have captions
- you can't skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some images do not have good alternative text
What to do if you can't access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We'll consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility issues with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren't listed on this page or think we're not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Development Bank of Wales is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with technology
- Text doesn’t reflow in single column when size of browser window is changed.
- It's not possible for users to modify text spacing or line height.
Issues with text
- excessively long alt tags / missing alt text
- tables that require descriptive captioning
- duplication of link text.
Issues with images, video and audio
- Live video streams don't have captions
- We don't plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Issues with interactive elements and transactions
- Some of our interactive forms are difficult to navigate using a keyboard. For example, because some form controls maybe missing a 'label' tag.
- Our forms are built and hosted through third party software and 'skinned' to look like our website.
- We've assessed the cost of fixing the issues with navigating the forms using a keyboard and believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 17th February 2021. The test was carried out by S8080.
We used Total Validator Scan; latest version (currently 14.1.1) to run an automated scan for all WGAG2 AA errors.
What we are doing to improve accessibility
Our planned improvements to the issues highlighted in this statement will be addressed by September 2021. We work with our supplier to continuously monitor and address any accessibility issues introduced during the ongoing development and updating of the website.
This statement was updated on 17 February 2021.